Saturday, March 7, 2015

For a Nostalgic Dining Experience @ Coliseum Cafe & Grill Room, The Gardens

Was craving for some nice Hainanese Chicken Chop and was hoping to get it at Yut Kee when Deardo suggested to try something new at Coliseum Cafe & Grill Room. Well Coliseum isn't really a new place of course, in fact, its history is pretty similar to Yut Kee since it is also an old brand in KL but now they have expanded into shopping malls and only now we are trying it for the first time, at their outlet in Mid Valley. 
Love the entire look and feel of the cafe, very simple, tidy and old-school 'coffeehouse' concept.
Menu isn't too extensive, yet enough of choices from Western steaks to some typical Hainanese dishes for you to choose from.
Hainanese Chicken Chop, RM26.90.
Sizzling Chicken, RM30.90.
Sticking to my craving, I had the Hainanese Chicken Chop. I love the chicken chop itself, nicely-fried and quite quite tender to my liking too. But I'm not really a fan of the gravy, but that's perhaps a very personal preference as I always prefer the brownish sauce. I also would prefer the the fries to be a bit more crunchier. Deardo had the Sizzling Chicken, which turned out to be quite yummy, despite not looking very impressive. The chicken was juicy and tender while the gravy was pretty decent. Some boiled vege, wedges and coleslaw came separately as side dishes, but they were nothing to shout about.
Hainanese Coffee (Ice), RM4.50.
We also shared a Ice Hainanese Coffee which was pretty kaw and not too sweet. Just nice! Love that glass of coffee!
Lunch time peeps~!
Although I must say we had a good dining experience overall, I feel the pricing of the food are a little bit too high. We ended up paying RM72.25 including 16% charges. I just don't think chicken dishes should be priced so high. Well, we didn't try their signature sizzling steak, which is also pretty pricey and I'm not sure are they worth the price... Overall, decent food, but definitely not that worth the price.

Coliseum Cafe
Lot LG-216,
Lower Ground Floor,
The Garden Mall Mid Valley City
Tel: 03-2202 0588

No comments: