Monday, September 15, 2014

One of the Best Malay Food @ Sinbad Cafe, Bukit Damansara

I've fallen in love with Malay food since my college days when 9 out of 10 of my classmates are Malay! The Kelantanese family operating their stall just right below the condo we were staying at serve the best and unbeatable Nasi Goreng Cendawan which I still miss until today! 
After that I very rarely have Malay food and hence it wasn't easy to find any good ones that I really love. That totally changed when I found out about this shop near my office, which doesn't even have an official name. If you want to look for them, look for Sinbad Cafe, which I'm assuming is the name of the previous tenant. 
The small and casual restaurant can be very busy during lunch time, but the owner and his workers are always with a big smile and are super duper friendly whenever they come to serve you. That is, what I call 5-star service. While the mixed rice section doesn't have too much of choices, but if you are lucky, sometimes they have La-La soup and crabs!
I was late for lunch that day so no much left, proof that they are very busy during lunch hours. 
As for me, almost every time I go to a Malay stall/restaurant, I must first try their Mee Bandung and that dish is what made me went crazy over this restaurant!!!
Mee Bandung, RM5.
Mee Ladna, RM5.
Mee Hailam, RM5.
Telur Dadar, RM1.
Unlike other Mee Banding I've tried before this, the Mee Bandung here is quite red in colour and there are handful of small 'heibi' (dried prawns) in it, which pardon me if I'm suaku, is the first time I see in any Mee Bandung in my life. The heibi adds a lot of prawns flavour in the soup, plus the generous amount of other ingredients - chicken, sotong, whole loads of vegetables and an egg, it's very hard to not fall for the Mee Bandung here! Absolutely awesome!!! 
So far I've also tried their Mee Ladna (though I always go for Kuey Teow and Maggi) and Mee Hailam (Bihun Mee is my choice) which are also pretty good, especially the fact that they have never been stingy with their ingredients really just made it very worthy for lunch! And their sambal belacan is also what you mustn't miss! So pedas yet sedap!!! 
I can eat there everyday!!!
Best of all, it is one of the cheapest eats around my office area! Normally noodles with a gravy base are priced at RM5 while normal fried noodles and fried rice are RM4.50 each. So for me a lunch there with a Telur Dadar (Omelet) and a Limau Suam would be RM7.20 and that's less than any set lunches offered around the area! Super economical yet satisfying! And mind you, the very nice owner sometimes doesn't even charge me the RM0.20 if I don't have them!
Definitely on the top of my list for both delicious Malay food and wallet-friendly! :)

Sinbad Cafe
28, Jalan Medan Setia 1,
Bukit Damansara
50490 Kuala Lumpur

2 comments:

Hayley said...

I love seeing happy and friendly workers, I guess everyone also like la! Hehe~
Hmm, it's been a while since I last eat a proper malay food!

ShiRLeXia said...

Yea Hayley! I don't really know if there are nice Malay food in Taiping though.