Friday, August 22, 2014

No Regrets

I'm not very good at writing sentimental stuff but since today is the National Day of Mourning for the victims of MH17 as the bodies return home, the grief has been refreshed and I think it would be good to share some thoughts.

First of all, while I haven't mentioned this in my blog or on any social media platforms, I'm still extremely sad and upset over this whole incident. I remember how I couldn't hold back my tears in church when our Pastor started talking about how heartless these people can be in shooting down these innocent lives. And believe me, in the end of the day the people responsible will just run away free. Worst of all, the world now has more killings and wars going on that make me wonder where has humanity disappears into?

Secondly, the recent flight incidents have taught me one thing, and that is, to appreciate every second you have with your loved ones because things could change the next second itself! You do not want to regret anything later on in your life!

I, myself have regretted some stuff that I've done that have wasted some precious time and someone's life, as well as creating pain and scar on my loved ones. It's quite painful to talk about it but here they are...

#1
In kindergarten I was chosen to give the BM version of graduation speech and was supposed to be part of the dance group for a competition. I chickened out on both.
- Regretted it because graduation video only has someone else delivering the speech and my kindergarten's dance group went on to win the competition. Would have been great achievements in my CV! 

#2
When I was probably 10-12 years old, I became this introvert kid (or probably just a phase in a kid's life) who refused to go out for afternoon tea and walk with my late grandfather when he invited me to. I can still vividly remember the look of disappointment on his face every single time I said 'NO'.
- Regretted it so so much because he passed away quite suddenly when I was 12 and I will never have a chance to have afternoon tea or afternoon walk with him anymore. If I could turn back time, I would say a zillion times 'YES' whenever he asked if I want to join him for afternoon tea/walk! *choke~*

#3
When I was in Form 3 busy studying for my PMR, I had a huge argument with my dad because the silly me thought he loves my younger sister more than me just because he scolded me for not helping her on her homework.
- Regretted it because it left a scare in our relationship but we all know that my dad obviously loves me more than anyone else... I LOVE YOU PAPO!!! *tears~*

I realised after these experiences, I have not regretted anything big in my life. I'm always either doing something crazy because I don't want to regret not doing it or I chose to believe better things will come even though I may regret it earlier. But things like life and time will never turn back, like how I've missed hanging out with my late grandfather but it will never happened anymore...

So, have you ever done or not done anything that you regretted so much? I think it's time to fix it. NOW.

No comments: