Friday, August 29, 2014

Make Awesome Rosemary Beef Bone Soup in 3 Pictures

While I must admit I'm pretty good at boiling soup (Chinese-style) *ah hem~*, I've never shared soup recipes because duh, it's just too easy to make! Come on, don't tell me you don't know how to just dump everything in and boil that freaking pot of soup? :p
I made an exception for this recipe cos it's something different but it is as easy as other Chinese-style soups since it can all be done in three pictures yo! Got the recipe from a recipe book my colleague has (and never wrote down the title of the book) so you can claim your copyright here since I'm really not saying this is my own creation!

Anyway to cut the crap, here are what you need:
Beef bones, about 5-6 slices of sliced ginger, 3-4 sticks of fresh rosemary, onion, carrot and potatoes cut into chunky pieces, salt and black pepper to taste.

What to do:
1) Although this isn't in the recipe, I still boil the bones in water so the blood will all go away first.
2) Then pour the water out and add water into the pot, dump the ginger, rosemary and plenty of coarse black pepper and boil for about 10 minutes.
3) Then, add in all other ingredients and continue to boil for at least 2 hours.
4) Add salt to taste and serve!

The soup is almost like our ABC Soup but with a heavier taste from the beef bones, black pepper and ginger, as well as the very nice fragrant you'll get from the Rosemary. I love it a lot and have cooked it twice so far! :) 
Time to change what you know about soup-boiling yo! :p

No comments: