Sunday, July 13, 2014

Not Your Ordinary Joe @ Acme Bar & Coffee, The Troika

I have purposely excluded Acme Bar & Coffee (ABC) from my last coffee post because I truly think ABC deserves its own space in my blog.
I have of course heard of the place for quite some time now, but have never really visited the place due to its higher pricing. Even the day Deardo and I went was out of a random choice for coffee after having proper brunch somewhere else.
I am extremely amazed by the interior of the two-floor cafe, which has a front desk that pretty much resembles a high-class hotel reception. The bar, tables and chairs, display of cakes, even choice of flowers are so bold, fancy and chic. 
Impressive interior at Acme.
Without prior reservations, we waited for more than 30 minutes for our table and were told we need to leave in two hours time. We were like woah... So ba bai man! Lucky for us though, we were seated at a side table where there is a comfortable cushion seat.
We couldn't resist but to order the Breakfast Club to share despite just had lunch about an hour ago! :p
Breakfast Club, RM33.
What I really like about the Breakfast Club is how you can choose almost all the ingredients in the plate of awesomeness. We chose our eggs to be scrambled, side of hash brown and sauteed mushrooms, picked the turkey breast as our choice of meat and had Rye Bread from the list of breads provided. The plate of breakfast looked very ordinary but man those scrambled eggs were super awesome (I suspect there were some cheese included) and the turkey breast is probably the best I've ever tried! Still very pricey I must say but not bad a plate for those who want to give themselves a good brunch treat!
Not-very-presentable Flat White, RM15.

Cappuccino, RM15.
We sampled their Flat White and Cappuccino too. Looking at the big cup, we thought it will surely taste plain but out of our expectation, the coffee turned out to be quite thick but smooth. Only lacking is the nice aroma every coffee needs.
Us enjoying our late second round Saturday brunch!
Together with tax and service charge, that simple 2nd round brunch costs RM70.80, which is of course on the expensive side. All their food and coffee listed are priced higher than market price, but you can see the non-stop crowd at the place anyway. And after this first visit, I'm assured of why people still go there - nice and cozy place, hotel-standard hospitality, great food (although we only tried one dish) and decent coffee! 
I was a very happy diner! ;D
I'm definitely going back to check out other items in their menu!!! And the Jack Fruit cake!!!

Acme Bar & Coffee
No.19, Ground Floor,
The Troika,
Jalan Persiaran KLCC,
50450 KL
Tel: 03-2162 2288

No comments: