Sunday, November 10, 2013

Escape Plan for Thor

Escape Plan
Cast: Sylvester Stallone, Arnold Schwarzenegger, etc
Director: Mikael Hafstrom
Synopsis: Ray Breslin (played by Stallone) is a structural engineer who check on prisons' security by escaping prisons for a living. He was eventually sent to the world's most secret and secured prison where he found himself totally isolated and has to escape with fellow inmate Rottmayer (played by Schwarzenegger).
The Thumb-Up(s): Seeing the two veteran actors teamed up for a movie can be quite exciting if you have grew up in the 80s and are fan of them since then! While I thought it would be another stupid and lame movie just like the two actors' recent works, the entire storyline and twists kinda surprised me. It was thrilling, interesting and quite smart in some ways. I was truly entertained! :)
The Thumb-Down(s): Sometimes you do wonder why aren't Stallone and Schwarzenegger retiring from acting yet? I mean, this might be a more lovable movie if it is starring maybe Matt Damon, Tom Cruise, George Clooney, etc. I guess you know what I mean?
The Verdict: Maybe it's just me who went into the cinema without any idea what is the movie all about and without high expectations, and it turned out to be quite good!
3.5 out of 5

Thor: The Dark World
Cast: Chris Hemsworth, Tom Hiddleston, Natalie Portman, etc
Director: Alan Taylor
Synopsis: A sequel to Thor, Asgard is in trouble as the dark came for revenge so Thor freed Loki from the cell to help save their kingdom.
The Thumb-Up(s): Certainly more entertaining than the first movie with some humour inserted, even if it means sarcastic lines coming out of Loki's mouth. Love how they go between earth and space(?) at the end (although I didn't pay attention to the editing skills here), which really makes it pretty interesting and funny. And like most of you girls out there, I have continue to drool over the talented, funny and handsome Loki a.k.a Tom Hiddleston!!! 
The Thumb-Down(s): Predictable storyline, very typical superhero ending without much interesting actions too. Also hate the fact that the main actress has to be involved in the entire thing like falling weak and how a superhero needed a girl's help to win the final battle. It is not only cheesy but also shows how Thor is quite useless as a superhero. LOL!
The Verdict: Watch it as if it's a comical movie (which in reality, it is one) without thinking too critically then it is not bad a movie. But not good enough for me. By the way, can we have a movie simply call Loki anytime soon???
2.5 out of 5

2 comments:

Hayley said...

Looks like The Escape Plan sounds more interesting than Thor for you? Hehe.

I've yet to watch the former one, but personally like Thor 2 quite a lot! Loki is my new favorite now, erm I mean Tom Hiddleston ;))

ShiRLeXia said...

Hey Hayley!

Yeah I guess... Thor 2 is not bad lar, maybe I'm just very critical about comical movies.

And yes!!! Tom Hiddleston!!! Awwww love him!