Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Simple Dinner @ Pa Ka Seng Seafood Restaurant, Setapak

Deardo and I decided to spend our Sunday in KL a few weeks back and asked Vivian to meet us there where we had a little sisterly time enjoying great food and shopping. 
Trying out new dresses at H&M! Don't ya love my new mint dress? 
At night I suggested that we send her back to Setapak where I also used to stay at during my two years college time. So much of flash back of memories going on my mind just by strolling past the mamak store, restaurants and the condos I used to live in. Of course, Setapak and Wangsa Maju has developed quite a lot since then with so much more condos and choices in terms of F&B! So... We randomly picked Pa Ka Seng Seafood Restaurant to have our dinner before sending Vivian home.
Totally stole this from a random blogger! Thanks yaw~! :p
The restaurant is very clean and new-looking but with a lot of people dining that night. Since we had quite a pricey lunch at Morganfirled's, we only ordered those not-so-pricey dishes for dinner.
Yuen Yong Tilapia Fish in Marmite and butter oats flavours. RM30.
Mantis Prawn with Salted Egg. RM15.
Claypot Tofu. RM15.
Stir-fry Mixed Vege. RM12.
To me, the most impressive dish was the Tilapia simply because I've not tried Tilapia cooked so complicatedly in my life! And because it was cooked both in Marmite and butter oats flavours, the fishy smell that normally comes with Tilapia are all gone! That was a really unique and yummy dish! :) (Actually I kinda miss it now that I'm typing this... ) The mantis prawn with salted egg was not too bad too, only complain is that the portion is a little too small. The Claypot Tofu and Stir-fry mixed vege were both slightly above average as well.
My Sunday night dinner companions! :)
With a pot of Chinese tea for three and two portions of rice, the bill came up to RM77.40. Not the cheapest seafood dinner in town but still very reasonable, especially considering the fact that the food were of satisfactory level, restaurant is quite clean and service is fast too! 
Vivian told me she knows of another nice place for dinner near her place and it might be cheaper too! Time to make another trip to Setapak! *rub palms~*

Pa Ka Seng Seafood Restaurant
21, Jalan Bunga Kantan,
Taman P. Ramlee,
53000 Setapak,
Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 012-299 1685 (Mr. David Phoon)

No comments: