Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Ha Ha Ha~ Merry Christmas~!

So how was Christmas, guys? 
Well my Christmas was crazy as I've had a super busy schedule preparing dinners on both 23rd and 24th, which is also the Christmas eve. The Christmas eve dinner was particularly special because it was the first X'mas party Deardo and I hosted in our new home. We invited all my aunties and cousins and Deardo's parent. No turkey, but whole loads of other food for a total of 12 persons! Thank god for Vivian who came earlier to help out! Phew~!
Tried to be organised with list of food to make and timeline but still screwed-up sometimes. :p
Here's a look at out dining table with all the dishes and pretty Christmas deco! :)
Spot my tiny Christmas tree! 
Should I say Vivian and I cooked up a storm in the kitchen? LOL!
Seafood Voulavent! 
Potato and Mushroom Pie
Oven Roast Chicken.
Plan B Inspired Meat Ball Pasta Sauce. Recipe here. 
Everybody's favourite of the night - Chorizo Sausage with Chick Peas. Recipe here
Some Stir-fry Baby French Beans, Cherry Tomatoes and Mushrooms. 
Macaroons from Chef Karam!!! Yumzzz...
I've finally tried making Voulavent and it was not hard at all! I will share the recipe very soon! So stay tuned! 
Deardo also didn't want to miss the chance to show off his signature Aglio Olio and they were gone in less than 10 minutes!
Deardo's Aglio Olio! 
Love how my family members stayed so crazy like they are even when meeting Deardo's parent for the first time! Pretty sure they had great fun joking around and having (should be) nice food! :) 
I super love this photo of 2e, Uncle Mike, 4e, 3e and Uncle Thong! 
Even Deardo's parent were having fun that night! :)
Group picture of us having tea/coffee/beer/wine, minus Vivian the photographer! 
I was quite exhausted after cooking and cleaning the house whole day long but I truly enjoyed looking at them enjoying the food and the party! I must say I'm very proud of being part of the family which is cool and crazy plus loving at the same time! I mean, not many families are like us, we get together every now and then for meals or even for badminton. We joke, laugh and tease each other like nobody's business... It certainly takes a very strong bond and very open-minded family members to have such cool relationship with our aunties and cousins! 
Vivian likes to stick with me!
Cousinssssss!!!
Deardo and I forced to make some funny poses...
Well this was supposed to be James Bond and the girls... :p
So yes, I had a great Christmas celebration! Not sure if I'm going to throw another party like this any soon but I think I need some massage very badly now! Any recommendations?
As I will be super busy again the coming weekend, allow me to wish you guys in advanced...
HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS!!! Oh and yes, it should be a super good one since end of the world NEVER happened! :D

2 comments:

WCL said...

why u never put my elmo pic?
hehe

ShiRLeXia said...

Cos you don't look good in it! Ish...