Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Simple Paparika Pork Recipe

I've been buying more recipe books than ever recently, either while casual shopping or at book fairs. Most of the time I look for super simple recipes or healthy recipe books.One of them is this One-Pot Meals recipe books where I first tried the Paparika Pork recipe in the book.It's more like a western version of curry pork but it tastes really flavourful and creamy.
What you need? Finely Chopped onions (I used about one medium size onion), pork cut into cubes (I used pork shoulder), Paparika powder, flour (I actually used corn flour in stead), sliced mushrooms, fortified white wine (I used the fortified white wine I bought from Perth), chicken stock (I just dissolve one chicken cube in hot water) and light sour cream.

What to do?
1) In a pan, heat up some oil and pan fry the pork cubes until they are all cooked. Remove and set aside.
 
2) You can use the same pan and oil, simmer the onions until they turn brown. 
3) Add the Paparika powder and corn flour in and stir evenly.
4) Pour in the chicken stock and continue to stir until the powder are well-dissolved.
5) Add in the pork and stir.
6) Add in the sliced mushrooms and continue to stir.
7) Pour some fortified white wine into the dish.
8) Cover the lid and let it boil under medium or small fire for 20-30 minutes or until the meat become tender.
9) As the dish is boiling, add in the light sour cream... I put in slightly more than half a cup to add the creaminess to the dish. Stir evenly and you are done!

I sprinkle some parsley to garnish the dish and had it to go with spaghetti, although I'm pretty sure it will taste pretty good too with rice or even mashed potatoes! 
The dish turned out to be delicious! Very flavourful and creamy, perfect for those who love creamy food and prefer something less spicy compared to our normal curry. But I would boil the pork for a longer time perhaps because they were not as tender as I wanted them to be. Otherwise that was quite a great try!
Once again, happy trying! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yummylicious Chef Shirlexia...

ShiRLeXia said...

Thanks a lot, my loyal customer! :)

EUNICE said...

Hi Good Friday to you!

I love blogging your page. may i know where to purchase Paparika powder for cooking Western curry pork? TQ :)

ShiRLeXia said...

Hi Eunice!
You can find it at the herbs section! You know where they put the bottles of dried herbs? You should be able to find Paparika there! :)