Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Our Valentine's Day Dinner @ California Pizza Kitchen, Fahrenheit 88

I know, I know this comes really late, but it's better late than none right? :p
California Pizza Kitchen isn't new to us, we celebrated our first month there and we were really crushed that after so many years they moved out from KLCC. We've never stepped into the restaurant ever since it moved to Fahrenheit 88 for some unknown reason until we saw their Valentine's Day set, which we thought was not too bad a deal.
At RM88, the set comes with choices of a salad or appertiser, a pizza and a pasta. To top that up, you can choose to have wine or cocktail too! Quite cool lor if you ask me!
Very big glasses of wine, if you ask me...
So here are what we've chosen for our V Day dinner...
Thai Crunch Salad, before and after the stirring.
Original BBQ Chicken Pizza.
Kung Pao Chicken Spaghetti.
I absolutely love the Thai Crunch Salad! It was refreshing and crunchy I felt so healthy eating it! Love the variety of Chinese cabbage, beans and peanuts in it! And thank god it wasn't with some random Thai Chili Sauce! Surely we've made the right choice for our first course. The Original BBQ Pizza was just normal, but I'm not complaining. The only thing that I would complain is the Kung Pao Chicken Spaghetti. I thought it is going to be quite interesting to have Kung Pao Chicken to go with spaghetti but obviously the risk-taking choice failed us. It tastes too Westernised and not as original Kung Pao as it is supposed to taste like. The gravy was just too sweet to our liking. We didn't even finish the dish... What a waste~!
It was a quiet V Day dinner, just what we wanted! Although not all food was satisfying, we made it up by having a walk around the city and shopping malls.
Well, obviously this year's V Day isn't any special because like Deardo said, we pamper ourselves with good food every now and then nowadays, so there isn't any use to just have superb food for V Day. And we spent time together everyday now, so yea, V Day really isn't any special! But trust me, I intend to make Deardo's birthday this year a bit more special by.... Hahaha... I don't know yet but hey, he is spending it with me in Perth this year! So that is already very special! Can't wait any longer for our Perth trip! Although... Urm... Aussie Dollars is so fucking expensive now! :S

California Pizza Kitchen
Lot 2.02 (01-02) Level 2,
Fahrenheit 88,
179 Jalan Bukit Bintang,
55100 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia ·

6 comments:

Hayley said...

A quiet V day... Nvm, every moment is worth cause you spent with your DearDo....

ShiRLeXia said...

Hahaha... I always find it funny when people tell me 'your Deardo' hehehehe...

H@naKo said...

Hey, I had my 1st V day there too! ^_^

ShiRLeXia said...

Really? Cool~!
Some of their stuff are really yummy lor!

WCL said...

Their Salmon Spaghetti was my favorite here... Really nice to go with the big chunk of lemon provided for you to squeeze onto the spaghetti. It boosts the taste to MAMA-MIA~!

ANYYYWAYY~~ I've got a replacement version of it in EL-Fresco...

Did you blog about EL-Fresco du?

ShiRLeXia said...

Yea I did, you just search for the name and it will come out...