Thursday, December 29, 2011

We Bought a Zoo

Being a super fan of Matt Damon, I wouldn't want to miss this movie, not especially when the trailer was already good enough to make me tear!
Based on a true story, We Bought a Zoo talks about Benjamin Mee (played by who else if not the extraordinary Matt Damon?), a middle-aged man with some middle-aged crisis in life and decided to start fresh by buying an unwanted zoo and how he managed to overcome all kinda obstacles to actually successfully opened and managed the zoo.
Well the story itself is inspiring enough, especially when it actually happened in real life. But what made the movie more worthwhile to watch are the added 'spices'... The touching and sad love stories, the father-son relationships, the animals love, the fun of dealing with animals... These elements made me cry and smile throughout the movie. Such real and nice movie, especially to share with your loved one and family during this festive season!
Benjamin Mee isn't so much a challenging role for Matt Damon, but I see no other people more suitable than him to play the role. I've read that Ben Stiller was once considered for that role and I totally can't relate him to Benjamin Mee. Ben Stiller probably better off playing the main guy in Zookeeper. Matt shows his versatile acting skills from what you know of him as a young man in Good Will Hunting and Saving Private Ryan till the action guy you see in the Bourne series, till now a loving father (of course also because of age lar). I definitely love him in this movie as he seems to be into the character so comfortably! Scarlett Johansson also made it so believable as a country girl in the movie, which surprises me a lot! And you'll be in love with the other casts too, trust me!
I have absolutely no bad comments about the movie seriously! Although it wasn't a super fantastic blockbuster movie, it is certainly one of the most inspiring movies seen recently! And for this movie, I beg you to visit the cinema to watch it!!!

"You know, sometimes all you need is twenty seconds of insane courage. Just literally twenty seconds of just embarrassing bravery. And I promise you, something great will come of it." - Benjamin Mee, We Bought a Zoo.

2 comments:

LayJinG said...

I hope I got time to visit the cinema for this movie!

ShiRLeXia said...

Yes please spend some time out to watch it! I'm sure you will like it!