Saturday, October 22, 2011

Good food comes in two

Yeah well, I guess it's also because I'm really too busy to blog and I have too many backdated stuff to blog about that I finally decided to do two food reviews at once since I finally have a little time to blog.
Now, these two restaurants and its food are totally different, but they both impressed me in some different ways.

Surprisingly good dinner @ Spring Garden Restaurant, KLCC
Last month when I was at KLCC for work, Deardo and I decided to give this fancy and expensive-looking restaurant a try after a long long day at work. I forgot to snap picture of the entrance, but yes it is a very cozy restaurant.
Spring Garden Restaurant is a restaurant under Tai Thong, but this one is pork-free (but not alcohol-free). From what I see, not many Malay customers that night, in fact majority were Chinese and Mat Salleh diners.
As we were being very price-cautious, we chose to go with just two dishes with rice. Claypot Seafood Beancurd at RM38.
Half a Crispy Spicy Roast Chicken at RM35.
Just to show you the very yummy chili paste...
The Claypot Seafood Beancurd was not too bad, with the seafood such as prawns, cuttlefish and abalone slices being very fresh. But what surprised us the most is the roast chicken! The skin was super crispy and the meat was really juicy. And! The chili paste that came with the chicken was super delicious! I don't know exactly what's in it, but I think there are some mini dried prawns in it or something, making the dish simply unforgettable!
Their rice also tastes a little different. It's like very obvious that they are not some random cheap rice. Well duh, they charged us RM3 per bowl okay? We both looked really tired, didn't we?
Together with a pot of tea at RM13. We paid RM98.25 (and that's with some special discount) for the dinner. Definitely expensive but I have no complain at all about their food and services!
The also have 50% off promotion on their Dim Sum from 3pm-6pm but pork-free dim sums? I'm in doubt...

Spring Garden Restaurant, Suria KLCC
Lot 413 & 414,
4th Floor,
Suria KLCC City Centre,
50088 Kuala Lumpur

Surprisingly yummy Chicken Rice @ Wai Sek Gai, SS2
Did I ever tell you that I'm secretly a chicken rice fan? Yes, by that I mean the rice itself! I can really go to a chicken rice shop and just order the rice with some gravy or soup to make it a meal for myself! :pWatch out for this stall! Well it is normally quite crowded lar.
Anywayz, because of diet issue, I try my best to avoid eating it but Deardo brought me to this stall one day to try this chicken rice which totally satisfied my cravings for some bloody good chicken rice!Looks quite normal but man it was so dangerously yummy!
The Leng Chee Kang next door was also not bad, although still cannot beat the one we have in Taiping. :p
Deardo's interpretation of 'this is bloody good man!'
I can totally give the rice a hats-off. The rice are well-cooked with the taste and fragrant simply tantalising. I thought the chicken was not fantastic but hey the Roast Pork was bloody nice! And for the plate of Roast Chicken+Roast Pork Rice, we only paid RM5.50, how reasonable! And mind you, the normal portion is already quite big and will fill a guy's stomach well!
Not a perfect place to dine at(super hot there man), but for nice food, who cares about the location, right?

Okay, time to go back to work!

No comments: