Sunday, July 31, 2011

Antipasti Buffet Lunch @ Spasso Milano, Jalan Ampang

One colleague's recommendation + some bloggers' good reviews = enough for a visit to Spasso Milano.We had to go through bloody bad jam to reach this place, and it was a bloody Saturday okay! Bloody Jalan Ampang~!!!
So this is how the whole thing works... You pay RM18 for the Antipasti buffet (means starters like salad and cold cuts) and you can pay an extra of minimum RM3 till maximum of RM12 for a main course to go with the Antipasti. So you can basically have a buffet for RM18 or have a full course meal for only RM21! And these are Italian food! Sounds like a good deal, isn't it?The Antipasti buffet and... Us! :p
Well the antipasti buffet has quite a number of choices. From green salad, soup, vegetables, cold cut chicken, mussels to desserts and fruits. Actually if you don't mind most of them being cold food, they are good enough to make you full just by having two plates of the food from the buffet table.Are you sure these are called 'starters'???
We thought the Antipasti was quite interesting but taste wise a bit too blend for Malaysians. Deardo was right, Malaysians are not so used to such blend taste with mostly just olive oil, parsley and garlic. But I must say I enjoyed most of the dishes, especially the calamari salad, that was bloody yummy~~~!!! And the dessert was not too bad too!My Pan Fried Fish Fillet for an extra RM3!
Braised Wagyu Beef with Soft Polenta for another RM12!
For the main course, I chose the Pan Fried Fish Fillet for RM3 and Deardo tried the Braised Wagyu Beef with Soft Polenta. While I don't find the fish fillet good, I definitely think the side, which is a simple olio pasta was very well done. The Wagyu Beef was ok but the gravy was too sour too our liking. I found myself liking the Polenta a lot, although you seriously cannot eat too much of eat before you feel muak. But anyway for that kinda price, you really can't ask for too much lar...That's Shirlexia showing off her brand new cute dress from Teetoo~! :D Oh yes the swimming pool is part of Nihonkan, the building where Spasso Milano is in.
Here comes the verdict... I love the entire ambiance and really good service. The food I'll probably just give it a 3/5 but I'll take it that I wasn't lucky that the Antipasti choices weren't that good cos I've definitely seen better ones in other blogs. And for that kinda price at that kinda restaurant, honestly, is BLOODY COOL!!!
And I do believe the serve nice food too in their normal menu. Maybe I should come one night for dinner! :)

Spasso Milano
Nihonkan Club
347, Jalan Ampang
50450 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 03- 4252 7088

*To all my Muslim friends, Selamat Berpuasa!!! :)

No comments: