Monday, January 10, 2011

Over the weekend...

Just went through a busy and exhausting working weekend. In fact I will also be working for the next two weekends. So please do excuse me AGAIN if I don't update my blog... I really is forced to ignore my blog!!! *Big sigh~*
So before I drown myself with work again, let me share with you some stuff I did over the last weekend.

Cheap Dinners @ Petaling Street
Yes, it was 'dinners' with the 's' at the back! On Friday night Deardo and I went to KL for the original Soong Kee Beef Balls Noodles. We've had the commercialized version at Heritage Food Village at Lot 10 and this was our first time at their original shop at Jalan Tun Tan Siew Sin.Say you didn't see someone posing in front of the shop... Say you didn't!
When we arrived the very famous Hon Kee porridge selling outside the shop was already closed. So I have no choice but to follow Deardo's unhealthy choice of having the beef noodles.
We both had the dried one with the beef innards and beef balls. True to its famous name, the noodles, which comes with the minced meat was awesome, and the innards and beef balls were fresh too. We both thought it was slightly better than the one at the Heritage Food Village, but not really a big difference, really. Yummy Soong Kee Beef noodles!!!
We ended up paying RM9.50 for one big and one small bowls of noodles, which was pretty cheap hey!I know he looks like clown here but ah well, that is why I love him! :p
And then I wasn't full enough. So we drove to Petaling Street to search for our second round. I was hoping the Hon Kee porridge there open at night too sadly it doesn't open for business at night. So we ended up having the very famous Kam Lin Gei Hokkien Mee, which I've tried before but not Deardo.The very famous charcoal fried Hokkien Mee!
We had a Hokkien Mee with Mihoon and a plate of stir-fried potato leaves. The Hokkien Mee was simply delicious, with a little charcoal smell in the noodles. And the pork lart does make a difference too! Definitely one of the best Hokkien Mee we've ever tried!Me enjoying my second round of dinner... Fei lor fei lor fei lor...
And guess what? The bill came up to RM20 (Medium Hokkien Mee, RM12 and vegetables RM8) only! So we spent only RM30 for two dinners! Now who said KL food are expensive???

I was working on Saturday and Sunday for a fair and I kinda enjoyed it! :)Me posing in front of a backdrop that I've spent so much energy helping to complete the list.

On Saturday night Deardo and I were in Genting (yes, AGAIN) for Wong Tze Wah's 娱乐圈血肉史stand-up show. It was our first time watching a live stand-up comedy! Because of the topic, the content might not be very easy for everyone to understand, but then there were still big part of the performance that we laughed out really loud and really enjoyed a lot! Not too bad an experience! :)
For now, I just couldn't wait for Michael Hui's return to Malaysia!!! It was another full house for Wong Tze Wah!!!
Wasn't allowed to bring camera in but ah well... :p

Work is taking up a lot of my time now. I totally hate it but ah well, life must go on lar yea.
Hopefully I'll be able to update a little soon! :)

3 comments:

viviantan-yan said...

haha!Ah duo, if you didn't said there is a person posing infront of the shop, I also wont noticed anything...LOL

WCL said...

No I didn't...

ShiRLeXia said...

Hehehehe...:p