Saturday, June 12, 2010

Up North with TRC

Yeah~ Korean exam is done~! Phew~!
Finally! Finally I have time to crap about this weekend trip we did last weekend!
Deardo and a few of his car lovers friends have this club called 'TRC' formed and they sometimes do convoy to places. A convoy here would means everybody goes on their own car without sharing cars, and they would go on the road in one line... Confusing? Ah never mind, I don't understand it too... It's just too 'ungreen' I actually think it is a lousy idea! Imagine, we had 7 cars the other day, how much petrol needed and how much of bad air the cars had pumped out? Ish...That's deardo and me on the way up North! (photo credit to Mary)
My Korean teacher recently told me that my bf is cute (as in comel)! What say you huh? :p
Shirlexia must find some entertainment herself during the long journey.
And making funny poses...
Anywayz, I just followed as a gf lor... Luckily there wasn't any traffic jam although it was a public holiday! Our first destination was the very famous Pun Chan Restaurant at Bidor.

Late breakfast @ Pun Chan RestaurantAs I stepped into the restaurant, I knew I've actually came here before. The biscuits stall and the petai sellers at the side of the restaurant just reminded me that I've been here before like long long time ago when I wasn't old enough to even notice this is a famous restaurant.
Anywayz, waited for a while for a table, and then another while for the famous duck drumstick noodles to arrive. This is taken when we were still waiting for a table...
Had some Wu Kok before the noodles came.
Nom nom nom...
The table of us, without the photographer, Deardo Wong.
Look which little girl's legs are these?
Oh, it was little girl Ket Hon! LOL!
That's my dry noodles with the duck drumstick soup.
And deardo had the soup one.
Well I think the meal is worth the wait. The soup especially is very yummy with quite a heavy herbal taste in it. Only complaint would be the portion of the noodles being a bit too small.

After the very late breakfast (it was already around 11am when we left Bidor), we went straight all the way to Auto City, Seberang Perai. For???? Ha, solely for photo taking... Of the cars...Ta da, the very ungreen gang of cars... Ironically it was a Saturday, supposedly a 'no plastic' day in Malaysia!
So we also took a pic with the cars...
Aren't my pair of shoes cute??? I got them from Cotton On, or Rubi to be exact.
Shirlexia gave face to deardo and pose in front of his ca dong cha!
By then, all I wanted was to try Tao!!! Too bad it was a group thingy so Tao wasn't in the plan... Aih... Maybe next time... :(

And then off we went to Penang for makan!!! Honestly, makan was the only thing of the trip I was more interested with. And it was a great one since we got to eat the very famous Char Kuey Teow!

Late lunch @ Jalan SelamatWatch out for this stall... Actually it isn't hard, the place is so crowded it's hard for you to not notice it...
Yeap, the red-hat aunty's famous Char Kuey Teow! But hor, there were so many people half of the gang decided not to wait and went opposite for lunch.
But it was no turning back for the other half of us. We waited for about an hour for the famous Char Kuey Teow and while waiting, we had other stuff ordered from around the area. Very weird-looking Curry Mee. Deardo said not too bad.
Penang Popiah... Can't beat the ones from Taiping.
Ochean!
Ice-Kacang is essential for the HOT weather!
I think none of the food really impress me. I think Taiping's very own popiah is still the best while the Fried Oyster omelet (Ochean) is still better in Larut Matang. :p
And then finally...
The Char Kuey Teow that cost us RM7! Ooooh... Look at the HUGE prawns!
Everybody MUST take pic of the precious Char Kuey Teow. RM 7 and one hour of wait!
It's amazing isn't it? I mean the price. It's not really a big portion but yes I guess maybe the humongous 2-3 prawns are enough to charge you that price. What impressed me more is the prawns are so fresh when you bite on them it's like so freaking crispy! And of course, I always love the fact that Penang Char Kuey Teow has Chinese Sausages in it! Yum~!
I'm not quite sure is it worth the price, but it is definitely worth the wait! :D

After lunch, it was another quite a long ride to Batu Ferringgi. I think that's very cute and creative, don't you think so?
Wah, I tell you man, I think my last trip to a beach was way back in 2008! So although Batu Ferringgi beach isn't like a very beautiful beach (at least, not to me), but it was fun enough to see the beach, feel the sand, feel the sea, snap some pics and have a look at the blue blue sky...
Nicey~! :D
That's us #1.
That's us #2.
That's us #3.
And that's us #4!
Trying to take some artsy pics. Turned out I look like I was going to commit suicide...
That's me #1 (Ha, totally lazy to think of caption liao).
Ok, say, say it, say I'm a good photographer!
Can you spot me? Can you???
Another nice one! (Photo credit to Mary).

Dinner @ Makanan Laut Jeti, Bukit Tambun
Because we were heading back to Taiping for the night, we had our dinner at Bukit Tambun, which was with the gang's speed, about 20 minutes away from Penang. The place looks a bit like Sebatang or Matang. It's a tiny fish village with a number of seafood restaurants for you to choose from. traffic on the tiny road can be very terrible though...Anywayz, it was PC's recommendation at Makanan Laut Jeti. I wasn't the one who made the order so overall I wasn't very happy with the order. There were some dishes that I wouldn't even consider ordering.
But anywayz, here you go...Stir fried Yao Mak. I noticed people around me just love this vege!
Gam Heong Crab.
Steamed Bak Sou Gong.
Claypot Tofu. This is a no-no.
Some fried chicken. Hey, who ordered this?
Yummy Mantis Prawns. RM3 each.
The birthday boy Kevin with the birthday noodles which was FOC!
I think the Mantis Prawns were really fresh and yummy. We actually thought we should have ordered more of them in stead of only one for each person. And surprisingly the stir fried Yao Mak was somehow very delicious. I know, it's just vegetables, but I don't know what they added into the dish, it just tastes really nice! The rest of the dishes were just so-so.
But must thank the restaurant for the FREE birthday noodles for Kevin! :)
The bill came up to RM189 something. Still very reasonable for KL-ians like us.

And that was our day trip. After the trip it's just like what Mary said... One word: T.I.R.E.D!

Bonus pic: **Taken at SSL Traders Hotel, Taiping.
I guess you know what's wrong with the last line right?

2 comments:

LayJinG said...

Wah ... tired trip huh?! Haha... I never try that RM7 koay teow, coz i think its not worth =P

ShiRLeXia said...

Oh? A lot of my friends in Penang said so ler...
Then maybe it only attracts tourists?