Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I just cried like a baby...

watching this movie...

My Sister's Keeper
Based on the very famous Jodi Picoult's novel with the same title, My Sister's Keeper is... NOT SHOWING IN MALAYSIA! I don't know why, it has Cameron Diaz in it! Maybe it's just not commercialized enough to make the cut?
Anywayz, the story tells about Anna, who is a so-called 'designer baby' born to just help her elder sister, Kate who is dying of Leukemia. She then sued her parent for Medical Emancipation (well, obviously I just copied this from some websites), which is to have the right to not be a donor to her sister. In the end there is a total twist in the story...
When I heard about the story, I was thinking oh no, the whole movie will be shot in the court with all the court scenes. Luckily it wasn't. It was more to a flashback on Kate's life, which is surprising and I love it! I especially love it when they talk about Kate met a guy called Taylor who is also a cancer patient and they fell in love! I mean, you don't normally expect a dying person's story to come with love story, right? Love it when Taylor says:"If I didn't have Cancer, I wouldn't have met you. I'm glad to be sick." Man, I don't know what's wrong with me. Maybe because I'm in love now, I think that line is so damn romantic can!!! From the info I got from the internet, I know the ending of the movie is totally different than the one in the book. And well, I prefer the movie's ending.
I love the little girl, Abigail Breslin! That was since Little Miss Sunshine! You will not believe that she is 13 acting like that! She is just adorable! I really think she did a great job again in this movie! Cameron Diaz acting as a mum of three kids... Urm, I'm sorry I just don't buy that. Really. Although I wouldn't say she acted terribly, in fact she did quite well, it's just that she doesn't really look like a mum. Ah well, she should feel happy about that. Ohyea, she looks really good in short hair in the movie!
Overall, this is a nice and touching movie to watch. I especially love the little twist at the end. Watch it if you have the chance.

1 comment:

寶貝 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.