Friday, December 4, 2009

A Christmas Carol

I went to the movie without knowing much about the storyline. It was solely because I'm a fan of Jim Carrey and that I know he plays a few characters in the movie.
I read Lay Jing's blog post saying it was only so-so, so I didn't have high hopes. But then it surprises me a bit cos I actually love the movie! Even my dear loves it too!
It's about this old man Scrooge who is a really bad man who only cares about his money and all. He finally met three spirits/ghosts who then change his character. Part of the story was really touching but I think the most important thing is that it is such a meaningful story! It's a great movie for both adult and kids to learn more about themselves, I think. Although, my dear and I think it's a bit not-too-suitable for kids to watch because of the ghosts thingy.
And I was surprised to see Colin Firth and Robin Wright Penn! In fact, Colin Firth's character looks just as though it was he himself, a younger version of course! Really amazed by the way they created the characters using the actors' actual face!
Great movie for the coming Christmas! :)

6 comments:

Hayley said...

Isit that nice?? hmm, you're tempting me now...

ShiRLeXia said...

Well, my friend said so-so only, but I think it's quite a meaningful movie!

LayJinG said...

Haha... u like it! Guess i put high hope then disappointed! Agree with u that this is meaningful story and not really suit kids, afraid they not understand the moral of the story!

ShiRLeXia said...

Yea.... But it's 13PG ler.
Just that we really saw lots of small kids watching it lar.

chuanyee said...

coz its Christmas, kids love it~ Wheres my x'mas gift???

ShiRLeXia said...

Chuan Yee...
It's way too early to ask for x'mas gift!