Thursday, November 22, 2007

Matt Damon is the Sexiest Man Alive!

I know this is a bit late and outdated, but I was in the hospital when I read the news on the paper! So please allow me to celebrate this good news a bit later here in my blog!
Matt Damon named 'Sexiest Man Alive' - despite refusal
Nov 14, 2007
LOS ANGELES (AFP) — Matt Damon tried to turn down People magazine's "Sexiest Man Alive" crown -- but the Hollywood heart-throb's refusal backfired when the celebrity bible went ahead and named him anyway.
The 37-year-old actor, best known for his portrayal of amnesiac assassin Jason Bourne in the trilogy of "Bourne" blockbusters, initially said he didn't feel worthy of the accolade, the magazine announced Wednesday.
"You've given an aging suburban dad the ego-boost of a lifetime," Damon told People, suggesting that American football superstar Tom Brady should be honored with the tag instead.
But according to People, who announced its annual list for the 23rd time on its website, Damon's refusal "perfectly demonstrates many of the reasons we chose him in the first place."
Damon's "irresistible sense of humor, heart-melting humility" and "rock-solid family man" status made him the logical winner, People enthused.
Damon is married and has a one-year-old daughter, Isabella, and a nine-year-old stepdaughter with wife Luciana Bozan.
"My 9-year-old stepdaughter now thinks I'm cool -- well, cooler," Damon said in a letter to be published in People's latest edition on Friday.
"Don't get me wrong, though. I was really shocked and happy (Lucy said I actually blushed) when I heard the news. So I can't thank you enough for that."
Damon's victory sees him follow in the footsteps of friends George Clooney, a winner in 1997 and 2006, Brad Pitt (1995 and 2000) and Ben Affleck (2002).
Damon and Affleck won a screenwriting Oscar together in 1998 for "Good Will Hunting," the film that launched the duo's Hollywood careers.
As well as the hugely successful "Bourne" films, Damon has also starred in a series of acclaimed recent films, including last year's best picture Oscar winner "The Departed" and "Syriana."

***Now that's my man... Ok, not my man, my favourite Hollywood actor! Matt Damon is the man! And I've always think he is HOT and SEXY anywayz! Congratulations Matt and keep on the good work! I want to see more from you!!!

No comments: